Thank you very much for your continued patronage of JR-West Hotels.
Currently at the JR Hotel Group, as a response measure to the new coronavirus infection, we are prioritizing the health and safety of our staff and customers, and implementing temporary closures or partial changes to the business activities of some of our facilities.
While some regions are no longer formally in a state of emergency, we are implementing the following measures in consideration of the possibility of a second surge in infections.
We humbly request your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Safety and Security Measures
Taking Temperatures and Monitoring Health Statuses
◯ Customer-based measures
- We are taking temperatures and asking all customers if they are in good health.
- For our overnight guests, we are also inquiring about the route they took to the hotel, including overseas locations, when they check in.
◯ Employee-based measures
- We are taking temperatures and asking all employees (including those of our tenants and hotel suppliers) if they are in good health.
- We are also inquiring about the physical wellbeing of our employees’ families.
Handwashing and Sterilization of Hands and Fingers
◯ Customer-based measures
- We request that all customers sterilize their hands and fingers.
- We have also made disinfectant available throughout our on-site facilities (lobbies, restaurants, event venues, toilets, etc.).
◯ Employee-based measures
- For all employees (including those of our tenants and hotel suppliers), we are recommending handwashing and sterilization of hands and fingers.
- We have also made disinfectant available at all employee areas.
Wearing of Masks
- All of our employees (including those of our tenants and hotel suppliers) are required to wear masks.
- We are also requesting that our customers wear masks.
Reinforcement of Cleaning and Sterilization
- We are reinforcing the regular cleaning and sterilization of places likely to be touched by a large number of unspecified persons, such as lobbies and surrounding areas (including elevator buttons, toilets, etc.).
- In our guest rooms, in addition to standard cleaning procedures, we are also reinforcing cleaning and sterilization of places subject to frequent hand-touching (including doorknobs, remote controls for TVs and air conditioners, telephones, chairs and tables, writing instruments, switches, flushing lever handles for toilets, paper holders and faucets, bathtub and shower handles, hairdryers, in-room information provided in guest rooms, etc.) and the washlet nozzles.
- We are cleaning and sterilizing restaurant and event venue facilities and equipment (including doorknobs, tables, chairs, menus, tableware, condiment containers, microphones, and cloakroom tags) between each use.
- In addition, we are strengthening our kitchen cleaning and the high-temperature cleaning of eating utensils.
- We are also reinforcing the regular cleaning and sterilization of places with a high probability of physical interaction in the employee areas.
Ensuring Social Distancing
- We have set up infection prevention shields at front desks and restaurant cashiers to minimize the amount of direct facial contact between customers and employees.
- We have implemented measures for customers to keep wider gaps between themselves and those in front or behind when lining up at front desks.
- We have implemented measures for customers to keep wider gaps between themselves and those around them at the restaurants and event venues.
- We are promoting cashless payment at the front desk and restaurants.
- We are also not passing money directly by hand but rather placing it in the cash tray.
A Request to Our Hotel Guests
Before You Arrive
- Please refrain from visiting us if you are showing cold symptoms, such as a cough, or if you have a temperature above 37.5°.
- We ask that you wear a mask when you arrive at our hotels.
When You Arrive
- We ask that you disinfect your hands and fingers when you arrive at our hotels.
- Please cooperate with the temperature taking and health monitoring at the entrance when you use the restaurants.
(We are refusing entry to those with temperatures above 37.5°, those who have coughs, and those who are in poor health.)
- Please cooperate with the temperature taking and health monitoring when you check in.
(We are encouraging guests who have a temperature above 37.5° to remain in their rooms and get checkups from medical institutions.)
- We have made disinfectant available at various spots around the hotels, so please use as necessary to sterilize your hands and fingers.
- Please cooperate with our ensuring of proper social distancing when lining up at the front desk or using elevators.
If during your stay you start to feel ill, please contact a nearby member of staff.
We humbly request your further understanding and cooperation in order to maintain a safer environment going forward.
We will continue to monitor the advice of the national government, specialist bodies, and various local governments regarding prevention measures, to implement new measures as necessary, and to give maximum priority to the health and safety of our staff and customers.